After Migrating From 11g to 12c, OBIS and OBIPS Fail To Start Due To Faulty ODBC.INI File
(Doc ID 2245569.1)
Last updated on MAY 03, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version,
OBIS and OBIPS services are down
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Upgrade from 11g (18.104.22.168) to 12c (22.214.171.124.0), make sure all the services are running and login to weblogic console, EM and console.
1. Back up the instanceconfig.xml file and add some 12c tuning lines per your 12c tuning guide.
2. In EM update the Configuration/Mail smtp, port and email address of sender.
3. Verify in Toad and change in EM: Weblogic Domain/bi (right-click)/Security/Credentials/oracle.bi.system (expand)/datasource.biplatform (Edit) for the <BIPLATFORM> password.
4. Copy the odbc.ini and tnsnames.ora files from the 11g system to 12c.
5. Change to the datadirect paths in the 12c odbc.ini file.
6. Copy the 11g userpref_currencies.xml to 12c.
7. Copy the bridgeconfig.properties from 11g to 12c.
8. Restart the 12c server using stop.sh and start.sh.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document