LCM: Importing Essbase Global Substitution Variables Not Updating Target Server
(Doc ID 2255202.1)
Last updated on JULY 31, 2018
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 22.214.171.124.004 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Export Essbase Server Global Substitution Variables from one Essbase server and import on another Essbase server, the global substitution variables are not updated on the target system.
1. On both servers, create the same substitution variable but with different values. Set at global level, (all apps) (all dbs). For example:
CurDay = Friday
CurYr = FY2525
CurDay = Thursday
CurYr = FY2017
2. Using LCM on the source server, export just the substitution variables.
3. Copy the exported directory structure to the Target server.
4. Import the Substitution Variables. Make sure the Migration Options are set to 'Overwrite' for Essbase Application - Overwrite Artifacts. There is no option for the Essbase Server, only for Essbase Applications.
5. In EAS Console, connect to the target Essbase Server. Right-click on the Essbase server and Edit -> Variables. Note the substitution variables for CurDay and CurYr have not been updated with the source variables.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document