OBIEE 22.214.171.124: When Setting Selection Step in Hierarchy, Expanding Members will be Linked Unexpectedly with Other Members
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version and later
When you set selection step in hierarchy, expanding dimension members will be linked to other members behavior unexpectedly.
In Analysis, create a simple report with Sample Sales Lite and set Selection Step in Hierarchy. Like below:
1. Use 'Products Hierarchy' to create a report.
2. In Result tab, add a selection step on 'Products Hierarchy' to REMOVE the 'Cell Phones'.
3. Add a selection step on 'Products Hierarchy' to KEEP ONLY 'All Products' .
4. When expanding the hierarchy of 'Smart phones', the members of the other hierarchy are expanding too.
5. When closing the hierarchy of 'Smart phones', the members of the other hierarchy are also closing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms