OBIEE 12c: Catalog Permission may Not Work on Visual Analyzer Home Page
(Doc ID 2263143.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2018
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you log on to Visual Analyzer (or Data Visualization), you can see all the folders under Shared Folders even though you have no permission to the objects.
1. Create user 'user01'.
2. Add user01 to application role BIContentAuthor.
3. Log into BIEE as weblogic user and create test folder. (Shared Folders/test)
4. Set test folder permissions of user01 to No Access.
5. Log into BIEE as user01. Test folder is not displayed.
6. Log into Visual Analyzer as user01. Test folder is displayed.
When the permission of Shared Folders set to "Traverse" - "500 Internal Server Error" returns.
Test folder can not be accessed by unprivileged users due to the "500 Internal Server Error"
This issue does not occur on OBIEE 18.104.22.168.0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!