OBIEE 11g: After Adding Column to the Excluded Section of a Report, Data May be Blank
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.150120 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After adding column to the Excluded section of a report,
data for the column (Billed Qty )becomes blank.
Issue will be reproduced by :
1. Column to be calculated is dropped to Measures
2. Subtotal or Total is valid in the view
3. Had dropped another column(s) to Excluded Area (excluded columns are not relevant to existing Columns and Measures in current view)
Example to reproduce by using Sample Sales Lite.：
- Connect in BIEE and create a new Analysis using Sample Sales Lite.
- Select Product, Company, Revenue & Billed Quantity
- Navigate to the Results tab
- Edit the Table View & click on Product Sum and choose 'After' to add a Subtotal after Product.
- Click on the Billed Quantity icon and choose Aggregation Rule and select None.
- In the data above, you will now see that there are Subtotals for Revenue and the Subtotal for Billed Qty is blank.
This is the correct results we want since Aggregation Rule as "None".
- Now add Per Name Week to the Excluded Area.
- The column Billed Qty now becomes blank. This is the issue here.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms