OBIEE 11g: Scheduler Fails To Move From INIT To ALIVE State
(Doc ID 2285288.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.151020 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using OBIEE 220.127.116.11.151020.
The following was confirmed:
- There is not a firewall in this environment.
- IP filters are not enabled on the server.
- All other components in the OBIEE stack are able to connect to the data instance without any problems so any firewall would also block those connections if there was one.
- Implemented the DISABLE_OOB=ON setting in sqlnet.ora as per note 2090967.1 without results.
- When starting the Scheduler from OPMN the process stays in the INIT state and is eventually killed by the OPMN control process after 10 minutes.
- The scheduler is able to successfully connect to the metadata database when it first starts up.
- Tried stopping the OPMN subsystem, removing the states directory and restarting all processes, but this did not work.
The opmn.log file shows the following errors:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document