FDMEE : UDA - Import Table Definition does not work when synonym point to Editionable View
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2017
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.700 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Universal Data Adapter(UDA) does not import table definition source columns when a synonym that is pointing to an editionable view (Edition Based Redefinition feature of Oracle 11gR12) is used in the table field of source adapter key configuration for Oracle Data Source.
1. Technical Logic for synonym creation
- Create new Oracle DB user
- Enable Edition Based Redefinition for the user.
- SQL> alter user <user_name> enable editions force;
- Create a new table X
- SQL> create table X (column1 varchar2(100), column2 varchar2(100), column3 varchar2(100));
- Create editionable view X# that is based on table X
- SQL> create editioning view X# as select * from X;
- Create Synonym Y pointing to edition view.
- SQL> create synonym Y for X#;
2. Synonym Y is provide in the table name field of Workspace -> Data Management -> Setup -> Source Adapter definition for the UDA source system.
3. Click "Import Table Definition" from Source Adapter page. This finally error out with message "An error occurred".
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms