OBIEE 11g: Missing 'initblockusers' Folder, When Upgrading From 10g To 22.214.171.124
(Doc ID 2297030.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 29, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199.160719 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When upgrading from 10g to 188.8.131.52 using 'Upgrade Assistant', External Table Authentication users turned as "UNKNOWN ACCOUNT" in Manage Privileges page.
Further investigation, the following problems have been found:
- 'initblockusers' folder is not created under /root/system catalog folder.
- External Table Authentication users are not shown in permissions dialog.
- Error returns when External Table Authentication user try to create new Published report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. You use External Table Authentication on BIEE 10g.
2. Next, you are upgrading from 10g to 184.108.40.206 using 'Upgrade Assistant'.
3. 'Upgrade Assistant' finish without errors.
4. Verify under the catalog folder.
There is no 'initblockusers' folder under the 'security' folder in the catalog folder.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document