OBIEE 12c: Adding A User To A Role Via FMw Control Enterprise Manager Displays An Incorrect Display Name And Description
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding users to a role via Fusion Middleware Control Enterprise Manager, the Displayname of the user is associated with another user.
For example, to reproduce this:
- Via the default Weblogic LDAP authenticator, create two users with the descriptions matching the username
- Via Fusion Middleware Control Enterprise Manager, navigate to Security > Application Roles
- Name: ABUDGET with Description: ABUDGET
- Name: ABUDGETPLUS with Description: ABUDGETPLUS
- Add the 'ABUDGET' user to a role (e.g. - BIConsumer)
- After you click 'OK' and you are back at your list of roles, you will see that the Display Name for 'ABUDGET' user is blank.
- After you click 'OK' on the next screen you will see the 'ABUDGET' user; however, on the same row, the Display Name will be 'ABUGDETPLUS'
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms