OBIEE 220.127.116.11.0: Using The Impersonation Feature '&impersonate=impersonated_user is prompting for user name and password
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Analytics
- Want to use the impersonation feature with a URL like this
- http://server:port/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard&NQUser=user name&NQPassword=password&impersonate= impersonated_user
- But upon doing so this it will prompt for user name and password
- Seems Impersonate Functionality is not working
Steps to configure Impersonation
- Configuring the Impersonate User in Oracle Business Intelligence 12c
- The 11g Oracle.bi.server.impersonate user permission does not exist in 12c. To create a user or application role with permission to impersonate, you must create a permission grant using the Resource Type oracle.bi.user, with a name of an asterisk (*) and an action of "impersonate".
- Connect to Fusion Middleware Control for your Oracle BI EE instance using an administrator account.
- From the Weblogic Domain menu, select Security.
- Click Application Policies.
- Click Create to display the Create Application Grant page.
- In the Permissions section, click Add (+).
- Select Resource Types.
- Select oracle.bi.user from the Resource Type list.
- Click Continue to display the Add Permission dialog.
- Enter an asterisk (*) in the Resource Name field.
- Select impersonate in the Permission Actions section.
- Click Select.
- Now add a new grantee.
- In the Grantee section click Add (+) to display the Add Principal dialog.
- Note: You can choose to grant the newly created permission to either an application role or a user. In this example, we choose a user.
- Select User from the drop-down list.
- Select Includes from the Principal Name list, and enter an asterisk (*) into the field.
- Click the search arrow icon (>) to display a list of users.
- Select the user you want to give the permission to and click OK.
- This example uses "WebLogic".
- Click OK on the Create Application Grant page.
- This gives the impersonate permission to the user.
Ref: 1.2.9 Documentation About Creating and Using Impersonate User is Incorrect
OBIEE 12c: Oracle® Fusion Middleware Release Notes for Oracle Business Intelligence (126.96.36.199.0) (Doc ID 2135012.1)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms