OBIEE 12c: DataType "Double" is shown as Unknown Data Type In Alias Table
(Doc ID 2363179.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2018
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Below issue encountered after migrating from OBIEE 11g to 220.127.116.11.179718
In RPD , for DOUBLE datatype columns is alias table are showing as UNKNOWN data type .
1) The physical reference table has correctly data type assigned.
2) It's impossible to update the data types in the alias.
3) Try to modify the physical table in order to update the alias, hoping in a refresh, but it doesn't work: all the unknown fields remain unknown.
4) Creating new alias from the same physical table the data types are correctly assigned.
5) Creating a new alias is not an option because it would means rebuild the whole BI Project.
6) RPD Consistency check in 11g does not give any errors or warnings
Migration process is followed correctly as per migration guide -
2 Migrating from Oracle BI 11g to 12c
Upgraded 11g to 18.104.22.168.1701718 as per migration guide
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!