OBIEE 12c: Conditional Formatting On Bar Graph Does Not Work With 'Scale For %'
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2018
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Analytics
Conditional formatting on bar graph does not change colors when the numbers change.
A graph has been created with percentages and conditional formatting has been set up to show a different color when the percentage is below a certain number.
But the color always remain the same no matter the value of the percentage.
Example from SampleAppLite application:
1. Create a report with 3 columns.
Example : Product, Office, Test Percent
2. For column Test Percent, use formula : ("Base Facts"."Target
3. For column Test Percent, set Column Properties > Data Format > Override
Default Data Format > Treat Number As = Percentage
4. Create a bar graph view with
Group By (Horizontal Axis) = Product
Bars (Vertical Axis 1) =Test percent
Graph Prompts = Office
5. Click Graph Properties > Style > Style and Conditional Formatting >
Add a condition :
Target Revenue / Revenue is greater than or equal to 70 (set to any
reasonable value based on your data) > Select a different color.
6. Run the report and verify that the colors show up correctly
7. Make the following 2 changes and save the report with a different name:
Edit formula : ("Base Facts"."Target Revenue"/"Base Facts"."Revenue")
Column Properties > Data Format > check Scale for % (x 100)
8. Run the report and notice the Conditional Formatting is not applied.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms