OBIEE 11g - BI Publisher Report Errors Out When BI Consumer User Runs The Report In Dashboard
(Doc ID 2393301.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.141014 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.141014 version, Analytics With BI Publisher 22.214.171.124.x
When attempting to view a BIP Report as a BI Consumer user that is based off an OBIEE Analysis the following error occurs.
BI Publisher log:
[2018-04-05T13:54:19.618-05:00] [bi_server1] [TRACE]  [oracle.xdo] [tid: 25] [userId: ] [ecid: 4f1731a2e0bc84e8:51c7a011:1629696e150:-8000-0000000000001941,0] [APP: bipublisher#11.1.1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.xdo.servlet.security.TokenHolder] [SRC_METHOD: update] TokenHolder.update(): checking for new clustered web service sessions
[2018-04-05T13:54:19.618-05:00] [bi_server1] [TRACE]  [oracle.xdo] [tid: 25] [userId: ] [ecid: 4f1731a2e0bc84e8:51c7a011:1629696e150:-8000-0000000000001941,0] [APP: bipublisher#11.1.1] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.xdo.servlet.security.TokenHolder] [SRC_METHOD: getPrincipal] Failed to authenticate user with an invalid token:
Error occurred on retrieving data xml
- Only BI Admin role users are able to run the BI Publisher report successfully after first created and added to an OBIEE Dashboard.
- All BI Consumer users get an error when they run the BI Publisher report through the OBIEE Dashboard.
- BI Admin and BI Consumer role users can run the BI Publisher report from the Catalog Link in Analytics and it will run. However, running the dashboard with the report, errors.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an OBIEE analysis/report as the BI Administrator.
2. Can successfully access this OBIEE analysis in OBIEE as the BI Admin or as a BI Consumer User.
3. Create a Data Model in BIP.
4. Create a BIP Report based off the OBIEE Analysis.
5. BI Admin user can successfully run the BIP Report in BIP and OBIEE, and so can the BI Consumer users when running the report from the Catalog Link directly.
6. BI Admin user can successfully run the report when accessing it from the OBIEE Dashboard only after it is first created and setup.
7. Once the BI Admin user logs out of OBIEE and back in, or if a BI Consumer user tries to run the Dashboard with the BIP report, the BIP Report errors will the data xml error above when ran from the dashboard.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document