OBIEE 12c: Application Roles Are Not Displayed in Visual Analyzer Data Source (Excel File) Permission Setting
(Doc ID 2404028.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2020
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Visual Analyzer, when performing Inspect Element and try to assign the permission to an Application Role on Permissions -> Roles, there are no roles that are displayed that are already created in Enterprise Manager Console.
- Create a new application role whose "Display Name" is blank via EM Fusion Middleware Control.
- Login to Data Visualization (http://server:port/va).
- Click "Data Sources".
- Create new excel based data source.
- In the Data Sources pane, right-click the data source, and select Inspect.
- Click "Permissions" tab.
- Click "Roles" sub-tab among Users/Roles.
- There are no roles available here.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document