OBIEE 12c: Shared Folder Permissions Applied to "Subfolders & Items within Folder" Are Missing after Migration from 11g
(Doc ID 2450057.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2021
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 220.127.116.11.0 version,
In OBIEE 12c, Shared Folder Permissions applied to its "Subfolders & Items within Folder" are not working as expected after importing 11g JAR file.
Steps for verifying the issue:
Create a new Folder: TEST
- Create a new folder under 'Shared Folders'. For e.g., 'Test'.
- Create a new application Role. For e.g., 'BI Admin'.
- Navigate to Catalog --> Shared Folder --> Test Folder --> Permissions Tab, assign 'BI Admin' and choose 'Custom' permissions.
- Select the following custom permissions for 'BI Admin' --> "Read, Write, Delete". Refer the attached screenshot.
- Select the following:
- Apply Permissions to sub-folders
- Apply permissions to items within the folder.
Create 2 sub-folders inside the 'TEST' folder
- Create 2 sub-folders. For e.g, TEST_1 & TEST_2.
- Assign 'BI Admin' application role to the above sub-folders.
- Change the permissions from 'Custom' to 'Full Control'.
Create a new User: Testuser
- Create a new user. For e.g, Testuser.
- Assign the user as a member of application role - 'BI Admin'.
Observations with different users: [weblogic & Testuser]
- Weblogic User: Go to Catalog --> Shared Folder --> Test Folder: can see two sub-folders [TEST_1 & TEST_2].
- Testuser: Go to Catalog --> Shared Folder --> Test Folder: The folder is empty and this user is not able to see any sub-folders.
- In 11g, a user having Application Role - "BI Admin" with Custom Permissions (Read, Write, Delete) can navigate to 'sub-Folders' and can access the items present inside the sub-folders.
- In 12c, After importing 11g JAR file, Same Permissions are not being applied. So the users can see 'Empty'.
The JAR file is migrated from 18.104.22.168.170418 to 22.214.171.124.0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.