OBIEE 12c: PROMPT APPLY BUTTON IS GREYED OUT WHEN VALUE IS USER INPUT ON IE AND Firefox BROWSERS
(Doc ID 2476434.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On OBIEE 126.96.36.199.0, if a user inputs the entire string for the column prompt on a dashboard and selects the suggested value, the Apply button gets greyed out/disabled.
The issue can be replicated with the below steps:
- Go to New -> Dashboard prompt.
- Select Sample Sales subject area.
- Create a column prompt on 'T05 per name year' column.
- Select user input as choice List. Also in 'Options' tick 'Require user input'. Save the prompt.
- In the instanceconfig.xml- make sure to enable autocomplete for prompts.
- Now on the saved prompt there is option to test it below. In the prompt field type the entire column value. for example '2008'. The autocomplete option searches and suggests the column value matching the user input i.e. '2008'. When you choose that, it gets selected.
- However one must click 'apply' to have the prompt value applied. On Chrome the Apply button shows enabled.
- On IE and Firefox the Apply button is greyed out.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document