OBIEE 11g/12c: Unable to Restrict 'Export Entire Dashboard To Excel' Access
(Doc ID 2559637.1)
Last updated on JULY 02, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.181016 [Release 11g to 12g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g/12c version,
- Unable to restrict access - 'Export Entire Dashboard To Excel' in OBIEE 22.214.171.124.x and lower versions.
- Only user with BI Administrator Role should have access to 'Export Entire Dashboard to Excel' but users without BI Administrator Role are also seeing the option, which is not correct.
- Tried denying / hiding the permission - 'Export Entire Dashboard To Excel' to 'Authenticated User' as per the following documents -
How To Disable The Export Entire Dashboard Option In OBIEE 126.96.36.199 (Doc ID 2140623.1)
Disabling Export Entire Dashboard Only (Doc ID 1671616.1)
- The option is still present when opening the dashboard.
Steps to verify:
In 188.8.131.52.x and lower versions,
- Login to Analytics.
- Go to Administration>> Manage Privileges >> Export Entire Dashboard to Excel >> Permissions >> Authenticated User – select 'Denied'.
- Open any dashboard.
- The users can still see the option - 'Export Entire Dashboard to Excel' when opening the dashboard.
- Refer the attachment - Denied Export Entire Dashboard
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document