OBIEE 12c: Can Not Save a Subset of Repository With Multibytes Name
(Doc ID 2571016.1)
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2021
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- On Multiuser Development Environment
- With BI Administration Tool 220.127.116.11
- OS system locale option "'Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" is disabled
Multibytes subset name turned garbled and can not save a repository. This was tested in Japanese.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Launch BI Administration Tool in Japanese.
2. File > Multiuser > Whole Rpd Checkout...
3. Select the Primary repository(.rpd) to check out and try to save subset repository "メタデータ1.rpd" in Japanese.
4. Click Save and input repository password.
The subset repository name "メタデータ1.rpd" has been garbled, and could not save.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document