OBIEE 12c: DV/DVD - Currency And Decimal Separator Do Not Depend On Locale Settings For 'Norwegian'
(Doc ID 2576057.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue only on "Norwegian" locale.
On Oracle Busniess Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 126.96.36.199.x version, could see the following differences between OBIEE and DV for "Norwegian" locale.
- In OBIEE, data is shown as 800,00 whereas DV displays 800.00 - Here DV ignores the Norwegian 'Decimal Separator' which is comma (,). Expectation is 800,00 (similar to OBI)
- In OBIEE, data is shown as 1 100,00 whereas DV displays 1,100.00 - Here also DV ignores the Norwegian '1000 separator' which is a White space () Expectation is 1 100,00 (similar to OBI).
- Refer the attached document - Currency_Decimal_separator for more detail.
Steps to verify:
Alter the 'locale' and 'Language' NLS settings in the database as below -
Create a report with any one measure column. For e.g., SAL.
Go to Column Properties >> Data Format. Change Currency Symbol to “kr norsk-Noerg”.
The results would be showing based on 'User Locale' settings. Result is in Norway format.
- 'Decimal Separator' --> 800,00.
- '1000 separator' --> 1 100,00.
- Create a DV project with the same date column- SAL.
- Locale settings are not applied to the DV project.
- Results would be in U.S format only i.e, not in Norway format.
- 'Decimal Separator' --> 800.00 [Expectation is 800,00].
- '1000 separator' --> 1,100.00 [Expectation is 1 100,00].
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.