After 80 or 90 Hours of Uptime, OBIEE non-OCI/TNS (ODBC, Essbase) Data Sources Fail To Connect
(Doc ID 2576311.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2019
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After 80 or 90 hours of uptime OBIEE is hanging when using any connection which is non Oracle Call Interface (e.g. |TNS).
- The system is vertically scaled with 4 each of the OBI components
- OBI continues to function, in that, users can login, any report running against Oracle data sources using OCI/TNS works OK.
- Any Analytics analysis pointing to SQL server or essbase data sources fail.
- There is no core dump until restarting one of the obiee component is attempted
- Once a full restart of all services is completed, then sql server & essbase data sources to start working again.
- There are several initialization block failures; however, they do not appear to be related even if they consume OBI server threads.
- Just prior to the non-OCI/TNS data source failures, it is observed that CLOSE_WAIT connections do not release and continue to build until the failure.
netstat -an|grep CLOSE_WAIT|wc -l
The main errors observed are:
Essbase reports fail with
State: HY000. Code: 96002. [nQSError: 96002] Essbase Error: Network Error : Failed to bind a socket during connection to a peerLogin failed. Please check if server and port are correct. If you received timeout or handshake failure, please check if you tried to connect to secure port without secure keyword or clear port with secure keyword. (HY000)
State: HY000. Code: 16001. [nQSError: 16001] ODBC error state: 01000 code: 11 message: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][libssclient23]ConnectionOpen (()).. (HY000)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document