Import of Mime Type Xlsm File Returns Error "Unknown File Extension. No Mime Type Is Defined For File"
(Doc ID 2775940.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2021
Applies to:Hyperion Planning - Version 188.8.131.52.000 to 184.108.40.206.000 [Release 11.2]
Hyperion BI+ - Version 220.127.116.11.000 to 18.104.22.168.000 [Release 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to import a MIME TYPE file with a ".xlsm" extension into Workspace Explore directory, the following error occurs.
Unknown file extension. No MIME type is defined for file <file_name.xlsm>
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. From Workspace menu, select File->Import->File.
2. Click on Choose File button.
3. Select a file with .xlsm extension and click Open
In previous releases, one can add a MIME type extension first by performing below steps.
- Select Navigate->Administer-Reporting Settings->Mime Types
- At the bottom of page, click the Go button for "Add MIME Type"
- Enter below information
4. Click on Change Icon button (Optional)
5. Click on Finish button
After performing above steps, one is able to import MIME TYPE file with a ".xlsm" extension, for example, into Workspace Explore directory. However, in 11.2.x release, Navigate->Administer menu is without Reporting Settings option.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document