EPM 11.2.x / APS: Analytic Provider Services (APS) Not Starting, Error in Log: "Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid."
(Doc ID 2826735.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2023
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 220.127.116.11.046 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EPM 11.2.x is configured in a distributed environment. Essbase, Essbase Administration Services and APS are installed on one server, Foundation on another. After running the configtool.bat/sh to configure APS, the service fails to start.
The AnalyticProviderServices0.log has the following errors:
A MultiException has 6 exceptions. They are:
1. weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid. The user name or password or both from the boot identity file (boot.properties) is not valid. The boot identity may have been changed since the boot identity file was created. Please edit and update the boot identity file with the proper values of username and password. The first time the updated boot identity file is used to start the server, these new values are encrypted.
2. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: post construct on weblogic.security.SecurityService
3. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: While attempting to resolve the dependencies of weblogic.jndi.internal.RemoteNamingService errors were found
4. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: resolve on weblogic.jndi.internal.RemoteNamingService
5. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: While attempting to resolve the dependencies of weblogic.deployment.DeploymentRegistrationService errors were found
6. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to perform operation: resolve on weblogic.deployment.DeploymentRegistrationService
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document