Last updated on JUNE 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Discoverer - Version 10.1.2.1 to 10.1.2.3 [Release 10.1.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 22-Jan-2015***
Possible symptom when accessing Discoverer 10.1 Plus/Viewer via a hardware load balance router (LBR), SSL accelerator, or Reverse Proxy.
- Accessing Discoverer with correct user name and password, but Discoverer gives authentication error. (ORA-01017).
- Accessing Discoverer with IP address but returned URL has Host Name
(i.e - only able to login using the hostname of the BI Server).
- Accessing Discoverer with Host Name but returned URL has IP address.
- Accessing Discoverer using non-Webcache port, but all the returned URLs are getting redirected to Webcache port only.
- Accessing Discoverer using non-Webcache port, but Viewer fails with "Page Not Found Error" after login.
- Accessing Discoverer via the connection page, after login, it loops back to the connections page.
- Accessing Discoverer with the Load Balancer URL, but the return URL is the BI middle-tier URL.
- Discoverer 10.1 BI Middle-tier fronted by a hardware or software Load Balancer, SSL Accelerator or Reverse Proxy or hostname alias.
- Changing ServerName or Port directives in httpd.conf
After changing the ServerName and Port directive, you are only able to login using the load balancer name.
- Stopping or Starting Web Cache on Middle-Tier
- Adding or modifying a VirtualHost
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms