Discoverer Plus/Viewer/Desktop Connections Fail with ORA-01017 Error After Applications Clone
(Doc ID 358847.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Discoverer - Version 4.1.48.08 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 4.1 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 28-Mar-2018***
The Applications Instance is setup in Secure mode and has recently been cloned.
When attempting to connect to Discoverer Plus/Viewer or Desktop, the following error occurs:
ORA-1017: Invalid user name/password - Failed to connect to Database
The Discoverer and Oracle Applications environment were checked and the following were confirmed:
- The Oracle Applications Instance has recently been cloned.
- Autoconfig has been run and completed successfully.
- User can connect successfully to Oracle Applications.
- The Discoverer connection was working before the clone.
- Discoverer Desktop PC environment was recently updated.
The Oracle Applications Instance had recently been cloned and the PC environment was recently updated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document