Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Discoverer - Version 4.1.48.08 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 4.1 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 13-Jun-2014***
***Checked for relevance on 19-Nov-2015***
The Applications Instance is setup in Secure mode and has recently been cloned.
When attempting to connect to Discoverer Plus/Viewer or Desktop, the following error occurs:
ORA-1017: Invalid user name/password - Failed to connect to Database
The Discoverer and Oracle Applications environment were checked and the following were confirmed:
- The Oracle Applications Instance has recently been cloned.
- Autoconfig has been run and completed successfully.
- User can connect successfully to Oracle Applications.
- The Discoverer connection was working before the clone.
- Discoverer Desktop PC environment was recently updated.
The Oracle Applications Instance had recently been cloned and the PC environment was recently updated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms