"Unknown error" Connecting to Financial Reporting Studio from a Remote Client
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion BI+ - Version: 126.96.36.199.00 to 188.8.131.52.00 - Release: 9.0 to 11.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Microsoft Windows XP
***Checked for relevance on 20-Dec-2011***
You receive the following error when you log into Financial Reporting Studio from a remote desktop:
After you click "OK" on the error pop-up, you connect to Studio. When you click on File: Explore, you receive the error again.
You have confirmed the following information:
- All required firewall ports are open.
- You installed Financial Reporting Studio as an administrator on the desktop.
- You ran HRRunAnt.cmd to clear preliminary issues with the install.
- System 9 only, you ran the Configuration Utility to configure Financial Reporting.
- You can telnet to the Financial Reporting Reports Server, but you cannot telnet to the Core Server.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms