Discoverer 10g or 11g Plus Applet User Interaction Has Slow Performance With Sun Java Plug-in 1.6.0_03 or Higher
(Doc ID 747189.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Discoverer - Version 220.127.116.11.15 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 9.0.2 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The user interaction performance is slow using Discoverer Plus 10g (10.1.2) or Discoverer Plus 11g (11.1.1.x) when configured with Sun java plug-in (JRE/JVM) 1.6.0_03 or higher.
Every action in Discoverer takes longer. For example:
- displaying the Create/Open Workbook wizard
- displaying the Help > About window.
The problem does not exist with JInitiator or with Sun plugin 1.4 or 1.5 and earlier versions of 1.6
- JRE 1.6.0 - works correctly, runs with 1.5.0-like speed
- JRE 1.6.0_01 - works correctly
- JRE 1.6.0_02 - works correctly
- JRE 1.6.0_03 - here the problem is observed for the first time. The issue is then observed in all subsequent versions (e.g., _04, _05, _06, _07 and the new_10)
The problem does not exist when an entry for the Discoverer server exists in the local hosts file on the client PC (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document