Incorrect [POWN] calculation when when owning less than 27% of shares (Doc ID 780924.1)

Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2016

Applies to:

Hyperion Financial Management - Version: 9.2.1.0.00 to 9.2.1.1.00 - Release: 9.2 to 9.2
Hyperion Financial Management - Version: 9.3.1.0.00 to 9.3.1.1.00   [Release: 9.3 to 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.

Symptoms

A holding Entity A owns less than 27% of shares of two subsidiaries (e.g. 25% of B and 25% of C). The subsidiaries owns the remaining shares between each other (e.g. B owns 75% of C and C owns 75% of B).

When calculating ownership, the holding should end up owning 100% of the two subsidiaries. However, the actual value displayed is a bit less than that (typically around 95%).

Cause

Sign In with your My Oracle Support account

Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started

My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms