Essbase and Shared Services Do Not Work After Installing MS Security Patch
(Doc ID 797805.1)
Last updated on MAY 30, 2018
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 18.104.22.168.00 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 03-Jul-2012***
- Applied an MS OS security patch and rebooted the system.
- Essbase will not start and Shared Services is not co-operating.
Also get the following errors when running Essbase at the command line:
- "Fatal Error: Invalid item index in security file"
When running "db_recover.exe -c" against Shared Services' OpenLDAP folder, the following errors appear:
- "db_recover: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery"
- "db_recover: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document