Financial Reporting Displays Double-Byte Aliases as Question Marks (?), 22.214.171.124 Only
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2017
Applies to:Hyperion BI+ - Version: 126.96.36.199.00 to 188.8.131.52.00 - Release: 11.1 to 11.1
Hyperion BI+ - Version: 184.108.40.206.00 to 220.127.116.11.00 [Release: 11.1 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Create an Essbase database in Unicode mode.
- Create an outline in the database and add some children.
- Type some double-byte characters into the default alias table for each member.
- Save the outline.
- Log into Financial Reporting Studio as an administrator.
- Create a New Database Connection with "Essbase" as the connection type with the new database as the data source.
- Do Member Selection. All double-byte aliases will show as "??".
The problem occurs only with an Essbase database connection in Unicode mode. You will not see it with non-Unicode databases, or with a Planning Details database connection.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms