Last updated on MARCH 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Discoverer - Version 10.1.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-Jul-2014***
You may experience intermittent disconnects with Oracle Discoverer Plus 10g (10.1.2). The errors on the client-side in the Discoverer Plus applet will be:
The Java Console will include an HTTP 400 error, similar to the following:
HttpSendSocket no 243
Create http request failed: java.io.IOException:
Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Bad accessor member:public oracle.disco.model.Worksheet
at oracle.disco.worker.PropertyUtils._getPropertyValue(Unknown Source)
at oracle.disco.worker.PropertyUtils.getPropertyValue(Unknown Source)
You will see HTTP 400 errors in the HTTP Server error_logs as well
You may see the following in the WebCache event_log:
HTTP request-header parsing error - malformed request line.
This issue occurs in a hosted environment (bu and the connection traffic is similar to:
Client machine |SSL > browser/applet > Using an authenticated Proxy Server - configured
in browser > VPN > Hosted network's BigIP Load balancer/firewall > |SSL terminated| firewall > OAS10g Server
The follow symptoms occurred for the issue documented in this technical note. They may or may not occur in you environment.
- The issue does not affect Discoverer Viewer.
- The issue does not reproduce when bypassing the Proxy Server (this is a browser proxy, not a reverse proxy server)
- The issue rarely reproduced with FireFox (FF) (3-4 hours); whereas, the issue would reproduce within 5 minutes or so consistently with Internet Explorer (IE) 6. -- notable difference: FF default keepalive 300 seconds vs. IE 60 seconds
- IE behaved differently if you toggle the http 1.1(persistent) vs. 1.0 (separate) connections option.
- At one point, the issue would not reproduce for many hours with full logging (Discoverer and HTTP Server) enabled.
A new web application was brought on-line that increased load on the VPN network tunnel.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms