E1: ESU: After Converting Local Database on Deployment Server to SSE, Software Updates Fail to Install. New Software Update Datasources are Created with Type N (MSDE) Rather than Type X (SSE).
(Doc ID 1135279.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.98 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In this scenario, customer has just installed EnterpriseOne 8.12 application release level with TR patch 188.8.131.52 and has converted the local databases for Planner and all environments from MSDE to SQL Server Express (SSE).
When customer goes into the Electronic Software Updates (P96470) application, the process is creating the Software Updates - JKxx datasource as type N (MSDE) rather than type X (SSE) as it should be. When going into the ESU P96470 application, customer gets a "Copy/Init" Error in the form status bar and the new ESU does not show up. The jde.log states:
ODB0000164 - STMT:00 42S02208 MicrosoftODBC SQL Server DriverSQL ServerInvalid object name 'JK20249.DBO.F9670'.
3400/3460 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Jun 22 09:06:30.895001 Odbc_u1.c901
ODB0000164 - STMT:01 420008180 MicrosoftODBC SQL Server DriverSQL ServerStatement(s) could not be prepared.
3400/3460 WRK:Starting jdeCallObject Tue Jun 22 09:06:30.895003 Odbc_u1.c909
ODB0000155 - SQLNumResultsCols failed. Table F9670, ODBC DSN EnterpriseOne Local.
Checking in the Database datasources application, the datasource is created as type N, not type X.
- Verified that the pathcode master for the environments (Planner, DV, PY, PD) are shown as SSE with DBSY=3 in F00942.
- Deleted all ESUs from the registry that were showing of type N in datasources application
- Re-extracted the Planner ESU patch and successfully reran the SIs for the Planner (stating Y when prompted for "upgraded local to SSE?").
- Verified the jde.ini (Database=EnterpriseOne SSELocal; DatabaseInstance=JDESSELocal)
- Verified OCM for F9670 is correctly set to System Local
- Verified System Local datasource (databasename=EnterpriseOne SSELocal; DatabaseInstance=JDESSELocal)
If customer uses the P96707 application, he can manually attach the database and then install the ESU, but all new ESUs continue to create the datasource as type N and then not show up in the ESU application for install with the copy/init error.
Converted the local databases for Planner and all environments from MSDE to SQL Server Express (SSE).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!