E1: UPG: Go-Live Questions - Upgrading The Production Environment Using Copy Environment Application (P989400)
(Doc ID 1151600.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP24 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In this test case, customer is upgrading from EnterpriseOne 8.10 to 9.0 application release level and they are planning carefully the Production Upgrade for their go-live weekend. After reviewing Chapter 15 in the Upgrade Guide - Upgrading the Production Environment - some clarification is needed about the P989400 Environment Copy application.
They are planning on using the following options in P989400:
- Copy to existing environment, Generate OCM, Copy Central Objects, Copy Metadata, Copy Pathcode - local and server.
They will be mirroring PY into PD for Upgrade the PD environment using P989400. Customer is planning to build a full PY package before running P989400. PY is already upgraded to 9.0 and has Update2 (UL2) + fix current ESUs installed.
They intend to do the following on the weekend before go-live:
- Get full sign off on the PY environment, build a clean PY full package, run P989400, test transferred PY to PD package. On go-live weekend, run installation workbench for PD. Run Update 2 and all ESUs applied to PY with no spec merge to the PD environment (That way OMW ESU records are fully updated and the table conversions are completed). Then customer will promote the retrofit OMW projects to 38 and apply all of the post apply ASIs. Customer will then re-index the files they need and verify.
The customer PD Upgrade Steps are for now:
1. PY already upgraded and Update 2 and fix current applied;
2. Build a full PY package;
3. Following the Upgrade Guide, Chapter 15 - section "Running the Copy Environment Application (P989400)" , they will use the following options:
a) Copy PY to existing environment PD
b) Generate OCM
c) Copy central objects including Versions and OL (F9861)
d) Copy metadata local and server
e) Copy path code - local and server
4. Create and run Upgrade Plan , omit Spec Merge (this is the default for PD).
This information can be used together with the contents in the Upgrade Guides - Chapter 15 - Upgrading the Production Environment, by customers upgrading to EnterpriseOne 9.0 application release level.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Steps on go-live weekend:|
|Timeframe and Performance:|
|This is the proposed Prep-weekend or Pre-Go Live Steps:|