E1: SVM: Unable Create/Register A Managed Instance In Server Manager Console
(Doc ID 1236443.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.98 to 8.98 [Release 8.98]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Relevance on August 26, 2015
EnterpriseOne 9.0 / Tools Release 898.2.X Websphere 6.1 ND
After having successfully installed WebSphere Application Server ND 220.127.116.11 (following the silent install method using the responsefile.nd.txt answer file), and stepping through the "Create/Register A Managed Instance" wizard in Server Manager, it finishes without error.
When you click on the new instance, you do NOT see the "Dmgr01" and "AppServer01" profiles in the instance, under the "Profiles and "Servers" section of the "Instance Properties" page.
Steps to recreate:
- Step through the Create/Register a Managed Instance wizard,
- Select Target Type of "Websphere Application Server 6.x' and click Continue.
- Enter an Instance Name and Application Server Install Location path of "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer" click Continue.
- On the Confirmation page, it says "There are no configuration items to confirm. Please continue to the next step."
- Click Continue, and then Finish, and it creates the instance.
- The instance is empty when you should expect to see both the "Dmgr01" and "AppSrv01" profiles associated to it.
The Server Manager Agent log doesn't show any errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document