E1: DD: Description Override Text Entered for Language in Data Dictionary Does Not Display in Application
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.98 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After changing the row description for the language Traditional Chinese in Glossary Overrides, the changes did not get reflected in the local web client or the fat client.
The following steps are taken to change the Glossary text in the Data Dictionary application:
- Go to Data Dictionary (DD), P92001.
- Enter Alias, AC01, to filter.
- Select it.
- Click on Description Overrides in Form Exit Menu.
- Under the language, select it and change the Row Description.
- Click OK to save the change.
The following actions have been done and these actions did not work as expected:
- The ddtext, dddict, and glbtbl files have been deleted from the spec
- F989998 and F989999 tables have been truncated.
- The overridden text check box in FDA for that data item is not being checked.
There is a potential workaround that by opening and then forcing a save of the form in Form Design Aid (FDA), the change will then display. However, it is too tedious and not justifiable to perform this force save of the forms in FDA one by one.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms