E1:07Y/77Y/75A: How to install and utilize Change Assistant for Payroll Year-end Processing
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version XE and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Australia/New Zealand Payroll - Version XE and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Canadian Payroll - Version XE and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Change Assistant allows a single point of entry to facilitate administration of software updates & fixes. This application utilizes a navigational tree to help manage your deployment processes and enhance your search capability over Update Center and My Oracle Support information.
Installing Change Assistant
The following steps detail how to install and use Change Assistant for Payroll Year-End processing.
1. Log in to My Oracle Support.
2. At the top there is a line of links: "Dashboard", "Knowledge", "Service Requests", "Patches & Updates", "Community". Click on "Patches and Updates".
3. In the upper left you see "Patching Quick Links", click to expand this list.
4. Then click on "JD Edwards".
5. Now you are in the Update Center.
6. On the Home Page, click "Change Assistant Application for multiple downloads and advanced searching".
7. On this screen you see options to install the JRE and then install Change Assistant.
• The first time you log in, you will go through a wizard that asks for information such as your connection information -
o Enter your User ID and password that is used for MyOracleSupport log in.
o It is recommended that you change the "download" and "logs" directories from the defaults to something that is easier to find on your machine, e.g. ChangeAssistant\Logs and ChangeAssistant\Downloads. The default directory is in a user's profile temp directory, it can be long, it can contain spaces, and sometimes Change Assistant has trouble with that default directory. Also, since it is a temporary directory, the information may be lost.
8. When you are logged in to Change Assistant, you can click on "Help"/"Software Update Guide" to view the Software Updates guide. The Software Updates guide <Document 741506.1> has more detailed information about installing and using Change Assistant as well.
• Help in Change Assistant is context sensitive. The Help tab has help information specific to the section of Change Assistant you are currently in. For example, if you want further information about packages in Change Assistant, click on the "Work with Packages" node and then refer to the Help tab displayed. If you want further information about searching in Change Assistant, click on the "Search for Packages" node and then refer to the Help tab displayed.
• You can access the Change Assistant log by clicking "Help"/"Show Log". This log file can be quite helpful in troubleshooting any issues.
• Most Change Assistant connectivity issues are often caused by proxy server settings. If you have trouble connecting to the Update Center when you log in to Change Assistant, you may review the "Troubleshooting the Change Assistant" document that is on the first page in the Update Center. That is quite helpful in resolving connection issues.
Using Change Assistant for Payroll Year End Processing
Change Assistant has preset queries that allow you to see all ESUs available for year end processing. Using these preset queries will allow you to verify the latest available ESUs to download and apply for payroll year-end processing. Navigate to Search for Packages / JD Edwards / Electronic Software Updates / Year End / US Year End or Canadian Year End.
Below is an example of the preset query within Change Assistant.
US Year End Processing
Canadian Year End Processing
Australia Year End Processing
For Australia Year End Processing, from the menu tree structure, navigate Search for Packages / Electronic Software Updates / Release / Payroll/ Australia New Zealand. Then, enter an Australia year end object such as P75A0140 (Payment Summary Extract) and System Code 75A in the Search by Names on the Advanced Search tab to produce results specific to year end.
Example of search results for Release 9.0
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms