E1: DD: Vocabulary Overrides Changes not Reflected on Local Web Client after Generate HTML
(Doc ID 1424196.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 10, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.97 and Prior and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After changing Vocabulary Overrides for a Language (e.g. CT - Traditional Chinese) on a grid column text, user performed a GET in Object Management Workbench application (OMW-P98220) to get the updated central object specs to local specs.
User run the application on local web with a CT language profile user. As this application is run the first time, web JITI will generate the serialized object specs. The vocabulary overrides text change is seen on the local web client.
Next, user went back to Vocabulary Overrides again to make changes to the same application. Performed another GET to update the local specs. Then, click the Generate HTML button in OMW to regenerate the serialized object specs. However, when this application is run on the local web client, the vocabulary override changes are not reflected. Language Vocabulary Overrides changes only work for the first time the application is run on the local web development client. Subsequent changes to the same application do not take effect on the local web development client.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- In P9220, Select interactive application e.g. P4210. Enter CT in Language field. Click Find.
- For Form W4210E, change Grid Column Text for the field "VR01". Make sure Override Flag is '1'.
- Click OK to save changes.
- In OMW, perform an Advanced Get from the Path code where the vocabulary overrides changes were made.
- Sign in to E1 with CT profile user. From Solution Explorer, Tools Menu ->select EnterpriseOne Menu.
- Enter P4210 in the fast path. As the application is run the first on the local web, web JITI will generate the serialized object specs. From W4210E form, noticed that the Grid Column text changes is shown correctly.
- Next repeat steps 1 to 4 above again to change the vocab overrides grid column text for the same field VR01 again for the CT language.
- Click the "Generate HTML" button in OMW.
- Sign in to E1 with CT profile user. From Solution Explorer, Tools Menu ->Select EnterpriseOne Menu. Enter P4210 in fast path. The Vocab Override changes is not reflected.
Generate HTML should regenerate the serialized object again and vocabulary overrides changes should be reflected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document