Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to install a new Full Package on a workstation with Tools Release 9.1, the existing full package's SPEC database (e.g. SPEC_DV20306FA) on the workstation does not get detached (exported) and related database files also not deleted. This can happen for SQL Server Express (SSE) or Oracle Enterprise Edition (OEE) Local databases.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Install a full package using Tools Release 9.1.
2. Make a note of the spec database name (e.g., SPEC_DV20306FA in the <install_dir>\<pathcode>\spec directory).
3. Install a second full package with the same pathcode into the same Oracle Home location as the first installation.
4. Examine the <install_dir>\<pathcode>\spec directory.
5. The old spec database files still exist.
Issue occurs in Tools Release 9.1
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms