E1: UPG: 34: Overview Of Upgrading Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Application Module From EnterpriseOne Xe to EnterpriseOne 9.x (9.0, 9.1 and 9.2) Application Release Levels
(Doc ID 1485315.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 25, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version XE to 9.2 [Release XE to 9.2]
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP23 and Prior and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document is part of Information Centers - to see other documents related to Upgrade EnterpriseOne software, please use the links provided below:
Information Center: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 > Information Center: Upgrading to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 > Application Modules Upgrade > Doc ID 1485315.1
Information Center: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 > Information Center: Upgrading to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 > Application Modules Upgrade > Doc ID 1485315.1
Information Center: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 > Information Center: Upgrading to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 > Application Modules Upgrade > Doc ID 1485315.1
Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning gives you the solid, feasible plans and schedules you need for stable, low-variety manufacturing processes. It simplifies the planning process by making it easy for you to incorporate all enterprise locations and mixed-mode (process, discrete, repetitive, and so on) production processes under one requirements planning umbrella.
JD Edwards Requirements Planning is part of Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne supply chain management family of applications.
- Execute DRP, MPS, and MRP for your entire enterprise in a single processing run
- Select whether you want to run material requirements planning separately across multiple organizations or a grouping within the organization
- Designate any facility as a supply source, a demand source, or both
- Execute one of several different net change or full-regeneration planning runs
- Select your planning horizon with a combination of daily, weekly, or any other user-defined period
- Do replanning on the entire product line or an individual or group of items
Material Planning Operations provides a short-range plan to cover material requirements that are needed to make a product. Material Planning Operations analyzes demand from all the operational areas, including:
- Central and satellite distribution centers and warehouses.
- Items that are manufactured in both discrete and process environments.
- Engineer-to-order contracted items.
- Maintenance, repair, and operational items for plant and equipment maintenance.
- Supplier-managed inventory.
Material Planning Operations consists of these feature sets:
- Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) = Plans and controls the distribution of finished goods, based upon demand.
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS) = Creates a schedule of items and quantities that a company expects to manufacture.
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) = Uses the master production schedule, open orders, bills of material, and inventory records to calculate time-phased net requirements for every item, and creates a plan for covering material requirements.
- Multifacility Planning = Provides centralized control of distribution inventories and creates a coordinated replenishment plan.
- Project Requirements Planning (PRP) = Uses work breakdown structures from projects and related bills of material to create replenishment plans for project items.
For customers upgrading EnterpriseOne software application release level and would like an overview of significant changes in the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) module.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|I. Upgrading Material Requirements Planning (MRP) application module - Technical Details.|
|Technical Table Conversions|
|Requirements Planning Tables|
|II. Upgrading Material Requirements Planning (MRP) module - Application Functionalities Overview.|
|III. Requirements Planning Information Center|
|Features added on the Requirements Planning module|
|Reports available on the Requirements Planning module|
|One View Reporting for Manufacturing Management|
|IV. A Visual High Level Overview On How To Use the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Module - Example given on application release EnterpriseOne 9.1 Tools Release 220.127.116.11|