E1: ESU: "Breaking News" Information for Software Update Patches (ESUs and ASUs)
(Doc ID 1496053.1)
Last updated on MAY 14, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP24 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document contains latest news from the Software Updates area (ESUs and ASUs). It contains information about new upcoming Cumulative Updates (ASUs), new available Baseline and Planner ESUs, info on ESU Extended Support Policy (EXS), and any other important piece of information for you to get up to date in the Software Updates patch area.
This document is part of an Information Center - to see other documents related to Software Updates, please use the links provided below:
Information Center: Software Updates(ESUs, ASUs), Product Packaging, Change Assistant, Configuration Assistant and OBA in the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools and Technology Product
EnterpriseOne Application and Tools Release 9.2 now available!!!
October 6, 2015, Oracle JD Edwards announces the general availability of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications and Tools 9.2, a major new release for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne product line. For full announcement , refer to <Document 2056237.1> - Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Announces Release of Applications and Tools 9.2.
Planner ESU for 9.2 Release now available for downloading and install
If you are downloading from the Oracle Support Delivery Cloud, choose Product: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne System Foundation / Platform: Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit) / Release: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 18.104.22.168.0 for Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit), 23 files. Download Component V77502-01 for 9.2 Planner ESU as you can see from the screen print below:
UPDATE: Latest 9.2 Planner ESU is JN10524, available for downloading in the Update Center or Change Assistant Tool.
Required ESUs for EnterpriseOne 9.1 and 9.0 Users upgrading their system to Tools Release 9.2 level
Tools Release 9.2 is available for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 Application Release level systems, but also backwards compatible with EnterpriseOne Application Release levels 9.0 and 9.1. If you are in E1 9.1.x or 9.0.x releases, review this information - <Document 2054020.1> - Required Components for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2.
Extracted from this document, these are the Software Updates you need to install (These Software Updates are NOT available in the Oracle Support Delivery Cloud):
EnterpriseOne 9.1 Required Software Updates patches to install
- 9.1 latest Planner ESU containing BUG 21209401;
- JDE E1 9.1 Tools Application Enhancement ESU for Tools 9.2 - BUG 21229116 - ESU JM18644
- Tools Baseline ESU JM19115 (this ESU supercedes ASU for Management of User Defined Objects UDOE910)
- ASI for the Tools Release 9.2 ESU. This accelerator provides automated special instructions for the ESU applied in the previous step. Name: ASI TL920001 Description: ASI for Tools 9.2. The ASI documentation is found by clicking under the ASI name.
NOTE: When searching for this Software Update ASI TL920001 on Update Center or Change Assistant Tool, use search type "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne";
EnterpriseOne 9.0 Required Software Updates patches to install
- 9.0 latest Planner ESU containing BUG 21209835;
- JDE E1 9.0 Tools Application Enhancement ESU for Tools 9.2 - BUG 20891302 - ESU JL23421
- ASU for Management of User Defined Objects for Tools 9.2 - BUG 21646074 - ASU UDOE900
- ASI for the Tools Release 9.2 ESU. This accelerator provides automated special instructions for the ESU applied in the previous step. Name: ASI TL920001 Description: ASI for Tools 9.2.
NOTE: When searching for this Software Update ASU UDOE900 and ASI TL920001 on Update Center or Change Assistant Tool, use search type "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne";
=>> If you are installing Tools Release 9.2 to a system that is currently using a Tools release older than Tools 9.1 (i.e. Tools Release 8.98.x), the following component is also required:
- JDE E1 9.0 Tools Application Enhancement ESUs for Tools 9.1 - Search, download, and deploy the ESUs named JL18390 and JL11051.
Required Components for Installing or Upgrading the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.2 Release
The following components are required after the installation or upgrade to the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 Release. All of these additional required components are available on Oracle Support Delivery Cloud, My Oracle Support (Patches & Updates) - Update Center or Change Assistant Tool.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 Planner ESU - Component V77502-01 JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 Planner ESU. See more details on the "Planner ESU for 9.2 Release now available for downloading and install" section of this document;
- 9.2 Applications and Foundation Roll Up ESU - Component V77689-01 JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 ESU - BUG 21843090 - Tools baseline ESU JN10019;
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 22.214.171.124 Release - Search, download, and install the applicable 126.96.36.199 Tools Release components.
For more details, refer to <Document 2054020.1> - Required Components for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2.
News about upcoming Cumulative Updates (ASUs)
Refer to <Document 741781.1> for more details and information on available Cumulative Updates for ALL EnterpriseOne application releases.
- EnterpriseOne 9.1 Update 2 available
The 9.1 Cumulative Update 2 (UM2) contains numerous enhancements and also contains all Electronic Software Updates (ESUs) completed since the base release of EnterpriseOne 9.1 (March 2012) through July 22, 2013. Installing this update, plus any subsequent ESUs released since July 22, 2013 will bring your installation up to the latest maintenance level (fix current).
This update is not a prerequisite and can be installed at any time. With EnterpriseOne's net change feature, only objects changed by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne since they were last installed on your machine will be merged with existing objects. This means you will be able to install this update without risk of overlaying ESUs that have been previously applied. For more details of this update, refer to <Document 1579926.1> - JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications Release 9.1 Update 2 Now Available. For details on how to download and install this update, refer to <Document 1589335.1> - E1: ASU: How To Download and Apply an Update as ASU UM2 - JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 Update 2.
- EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 3 - When does Oracle plan on releasing E1 9.0 Update 3?
= There are no current plans for a cumulative application update, e.g. Update 3, for EnterpriseOne applications release 9.0.
NOTE: You can no longer download EnterpriseOne 9.0 Update 2 from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. If you need this ASU, please contact our Customer Care services and they can ship you the CD media. For that, please choose the option for a non-technical issue and then the option for customer care and they will assist you further. Refer to <Document 1071023.1> for more details.
NOTE: 28/04/17 - At this point there are no plans for EnterpriseOne 9.2 Update 2 (ASU). This will be consider in future when there are enough ESUs for a ASU.
New Baseline ESUs
- EnterpriseOne 9.1 = The first Baselines have been built for EnterpriseOne application release 9.1.
Refer to <Document 1053900.1> for more details about available Baseline ESUs in ALL EnterpriseOne application release levels, including EnterpriseOne application release 9.2 and 9.1.
Latest Planner ESUs
- Latest 9.2 Planner ESU JN10105 - Link to latest 9.2 Planner ESU;
- Latest 9.1 Planner ESU JM18758 - Link to latest 9.1 Planner ESU;
- Latest 9.0 Planner ESU JL23461 - Link to latest 9.0 Planner ESU;
- Other releases - Refer to the Update Center - Electronic Software Updates page.
Archived Info on Planner ESUs:
- New 9.1 Planner ESU JM17096 released January 28 2015 = These new Bugs are also included: <Bug 19469229> Create UBE to Generate OCM for Specific Tables; <Bug 19663719> Initial Tasks Workbench Fails on F00926; <Bug 19704432> R9840C - Server Map DS Is No Longer Flagged as an OCM DS; <Bug 19797268> Change Assistant Has Not Picked Up Correct ESU Install Status; <Bug 19797321> Mark Package Build UBE to Run Local; <Bug 19809232> ASI Gen OCM Must Work for UBEs; <Bug 19870568> B96712 - SI Get Table Creation Parameters Gets Incorrect Owner/Pwd for iSeries; <Bug 20121774> Mixed Case in Server Name Does not Find Primary Server.
- New 9.0 Planner ESU JL22890 released January 28 2015 = These new Bugs are also included: <Bug 19469256> Create UBE to Generate OCM for Specific Tables; <Bug 19501278> ODBC Data Source Wrong Driver SQL 2012; <Bug 19768247> R9840C Server Map DS Is No Longer Flagged as an OCM DS; <Bug 19797695> Mark Package Build UBE to Run Local; <Bug 19797706> Change Assistant Has Not Picked Up Correct ESU Install Status; <Bug 19809246> ASI Gen OCM Must Work for UBEs; <Bug 19889513> B96712 Get Table Create Parms Returns Invalid Owner iSeries; <Bug 20131203> Mixed Case in Server Name Does Not Find Primary Server.
- NEW "World A9.3 to E1 9.1 Migration Planner ESU" - On Migrating from JDE World Software A9.3 to JDE EnterpriseOne Software 9.1, as a requirement customers must apply a new Migration Planner ESU, JM11511. Note that this migration Planner ESU won’t replace the regular latest 9.1 planner ESU that is available(currently ESU JM11168) and required when you upgrade EnterpriseOne, so World A9.3 migration customers will have to install BOTH 9.1 Planner ESUs on upgrading to EnterpriseOne 9.1. You can download the "World A9.3 to E1 9.1 Migration" Planner ESU JM11511 and the latest 9.1 Planner ESU using the Update Center or using the Change Assistant Tool.
Refer to <Document 626398.1> E1: ESU: FAQ: Understanding and Managing Planner ESUs, for more details and frequently asked questions on Planner ESUs; and refer to Update Center - Electronic Software Update page for section on Planner ESUs, where you can download latest Planner ESUs for all EnterpriseOne application release levels, their respective Special Instructions, among other useful information on Planner ESUs.
New Change Assistant Tool version now available!
New Change Assistant Tool v3.0.09 is now GA! For more details, refer to <Document 1552834.1> - E1: CHA: CFA: Change Assistant / Configuration Assistant Enhancements in Releases 3.0.09, 3.0.08 and 3.0.07.
To download latest Change Assistant version, refer to this link here - Update Center - Download Change Assistant Version 3.0 page.
Required ESUs and Special Instructions for Tools Release 9.1 Update 5 (TR 9.1.5.x)
Updating to Tools Release 9.1.5.x? Refer to <Document 1943409.1> - Required Components for Installing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.0 and 9.1. This article contains important information and ESUs required for you to install TR 9.1.5 for EnterpriseOne 9.0 and 9.1 systems. You will need to download and apply the latest Planner ESU, Tools ESU and the Automated Special Instructions (ASI) TL915001 from Change Assistant or Update Center on upgrading your system to this TR level. For more information about this TR enhancements and capabilities, refer to <Document 1952442.1> - Oracle Announces JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1 Update 5 and Application Enhancements.
NOTE: Please note that ASIs TL915001/TL91500102 require Control Tables to be Unicode. You need to convert the Control Tables to Unicode in order to run ASI TL915001 or TL91500102. ASI TL91500102 will definitely fail with an error message if the Control Tables are not Unicode. Development addressed this error in <Bug 23040013> - PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR NON UNICODE UDC'S IN THE 9.1.5 ASI.
Server Only Packages Functionality - From EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.5 Onwards
The Server Package Build Enhancement streamlines EnterpriseOne package builds by eliminating from the package build process the step of building a client package. To learn more about the new package enhancement, troubleshoot implementation problems and FAQs, refer to <Document 2099715.2> E1: PKG: Understanding Server Only Packages Functionality - From EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.5 Onwards. For Troubleshooting Package Build known issues after implementing the Server Only Packages Functionality, refer to <Document 1950295.1>.
Required ESUs for the Customization Object Analyzer and Application Configuration Analyzer - Tools Release 9.1 Update 2 Enhancements
- Tools Release 9.1 Update 2 (TR 9.1.2) introduced two new utilities in an aim to simplify the upgrade and patching process by reporting on “what’s changed” in your environment. The Customization Object Analyzer provides summary and detailed level reports on customizations made to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects such as applications, UBEs, business functions and business views. The Application Configuration Analyzer compares two environments and reports on the differences in UDCs, Processing Options, and Versions.
There are required ESUs that you need to install in order to have the necessary F98881CU table, the UBEs and other components you need for the Customization Object Analyzer enhancement to work. See table below for related BUGs and ESU names for each EnterpriseOne application release which has this enhancement available:
|E1 Release||ESU Name||BUG Number||Status||Baseline||Dependency||Size (MB)|
|8.11 SP1||JJ19038||14314785||Extended Support||No||No||2.20|
NOTE: The ESUs for EnterpriseOne application releases 8.11 SP1 and 8.12 are ONLY available for customers with ESU Extended Support. Customers on Extended Support (EXS) are entitled to new patches (ESUs) issued from Bugs reported after the final date of Premier Support for that release. See details about ESU Extended Support in the below section of this document.
|E1 Release||ESU Name||BUG Number||Status||Baseline||Dependency||Size (MB)|
For more information about these enhancements, refer to <Document 1499756.1>.
Available ESU Troubleshooting Assistant
A "Troubleshooting Assistant" is a KM document type designed to help you locate the relevant knowledge in a particular area. Based on your answer to specific selections, such as the issue you have encountered and symptoms you are experiencing, the relevant solution documents will display. The first Assistant now available for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne software is for the Software Updates Patch Install area.
The ”Troubleshooting Assistant: Software Update (ESU or ASU) Patch Installation - <Document 1559797.2>” will guide you to a resolution through a simple flow of questions, issues and symptoms. Check out this document today and bookmark it as a valuable resource to assist you in getting a faster resolution in the Software Updates area.
Other available Troubleshooting Assistants in this area
- Change Assistant Tool = This Assistant contains information about Change Assistant and its multiple functionalities, where to locate user guides, reported known issues when installing and launching the tool, applying an ESU, downloading and installing an Automated Special Instruction (ASI), a Configuration Assistant .PAR file, an OBA or even a BSSV configuration file using Change Assistant. Refer to "Troubleshooting Assistant: Change Assistant Tool - <Document 1573213.2>".
- Package Management = You will be able to find in the Package Assistant numerous flows on package assembly, build, deployment and install issues; and from these paths locating the right available solution. The Assistant will help you on building and deploying packages, or even iif you need information on how to check a package build or deployment, or locating logs, be sure to use and take the benefits of this easy to use search helper. Refer to "Troubleshooting Assistant: Package Management - <Document 1572747.2>".
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.x Premier Support Announcement <Document 1543437.1>
This document will help you to understand the announcement made regarding a waiver of extended support fees for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.x applications release lines.
Here is information extracted from the document regarding customers in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 and others in E1 9.0 Update 2:
- The 9.0 line applies to customers at the base release of 9.0.
- The 9.0.2 line was added to allow more time for upgrades on 9.0 and to get customers current on the bugs and enhancements released within 9.0. While 9.0.2 is not a new release, it is a point in time consisting of many changes in the 9.0 code line.
If you are currently running 9.0 and have taken ESUs consistently to keep your code current or you have applied 9.0.2, your support level falls into the dates for 9.0.2.
For Updates, Fixes, Security Alerts and Upgrade Scripts, that date is November 2015
Tax Legal and Regulatory November 2016
Extended Support November 2018 (...)
Please refer to <Document 1543437.1> for more details.
JD Edwards Customer Outreach Proactive Sessions
As part of your Oracle Premier Support benefits we have a Customer Outreach program for JD Edwards World and EnterpriseOne customers. The JD Edwards Customer Outreach program is designed to help JD Edwards customers identify and take advantage of proactive solutions based on Best Practices and proactive capabilities that address their specific business needs.
The Customer Outreach program delivers Proactive training sessions for customers on JD Edwards proactive capabilities, tools and resources, and at no cost to you. These sessions are delivered by the JD Edwards Proactive Support Delivery team that designs much of the proactive resources and tools you will learn about in the sessions.
For more details, refer to <Document 1551934.1> - Oracle Premier Support - JD Edwards Customer Outreach Proactive Sessions.
EnterpriseOne Extended Support (EXS) Policy for ESUs
Extended Support lets you stay competitive, with the freedom to upgrade on your timetable. If you take advantage of Extended Support, it provides you with an extra three years of support for specific Oracle releases for an additional fee. You benefit from:
* Major product and technology releases
* Technical support
* Updates, fixes, security alerts, data fixes, and critical patch updates
* Tax, legal, and regulatory updates
* Upgrade scripts
* Certification with most existing third-party products/versions
* Certification with most existing Oracle products
* Extended Support may not include certification with some new third-party products/versions
Customers on Extended Support are entitled to new patches (ESUs) issued from Bugs reported after the final date of Premier Support for that release. Extended Support is offered for EnterpriseOne application releases 8.11, 8.11 SP1, 8.12 and 9.0. For more information and FAQ, refer to <Document 1273907.1>.
How can a customer check if they have EnterpriseOne Extended Support (EXS)?
Customers can now track their Extended Support access through their CSI on My Oracle Support. For more details refer to <Document 1369860.1> - How Patches and Updates Entitlement Works - Why Can't I Download This Patch?
How To Obtain An Media No Longer Available On The Oracle Software Delivery Cloud
If you need to order media packs with are no longer available in Oracle Software Delivery Cloud, which includes for example EnterpriseOne 9.1 Cumulative Update 2 (UM2) which expired on October, 2015 and EnterpriseOne 9.0 Cumulative Update 2 (UL2) that has been expired on September 2012, refer to document "How to Request Software When Unable to Access or Software is Unavailable on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud - <Document 1071023.1>". For a list of expired media packs, refer to these articles:
- <Document 1493051.1> - JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Media Packs Expired in September 2012
- <Document 1574888.1> - JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Media Packs Expired in August 2013
Software Updates Special Instructions (SI) and Automated Special Instructions (ASI)
If you are struggling to understand what are Software Updates Special Instructions, check this new comprehensive document on the subject - What are Special Instructions? Understanding Special Instructions (SI) and Automated Special Instructions (ASI) When Installing a Software Update (ESU or ASU) <Document 1496449.1>.
Patching & Maintenance Advisor: Software Updates for JD Edwards (JDE) EnterpriseOne 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 <Document 1505994.1>
This new re-launched Patching and Maintenance Advisor <Document 1505994.1> will guide you through the Software Update life cycle using step-by-step instructions. It was created by incorporating information from various sources, media content as well as best practices. This will include downloading, installing and completing the cycle by testing and implementing a Software Update(ESU or ASU) patch. The information provided through this Software Update Patching & Maintenance Advisor give customers a valid business case and methodology for our latest JD Edwards EnterpriseOne application releases level 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 regarding why a customer would need to develop a patching and maintenance strategy, and the set of best practices and rules to implement it.
Software Delivery Home Page <Document 858385.1>
Refer to the EnterpriseOne Software Delivery Home Page <Document 858385.1>. This page provides information on Electronic Software Updates, Application Software Updates as well as other general product information that applies to all EnterpriseOne areas.
Update Center - Electronic Software Update page
Visit our Update Center - Electronic Software Update page for quick links with information on Announcements, Software Update Patch Links, Change Assistant download and information, Planner ESUs download and Special Instructions information, and general known issues.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Globalizations
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Globalizations Information Center now available!
If you want to learn more about globalizations, note that JD Edwards EnterpriseOne product family provides localizations to address country specific functionality and software translations for selected countries.
This Information Center aggregates and presents documents related to supporting alternate languages and country localizations within EnterpriseOne software. There are Hot Topics, Resources, Troubleshoot, Upgrade pages available related to localizations and languages. There are also multiple use pages for the different regions and each page contains available documents related to using each country's localization functionalities. Check it out today this important resource now available containing valuable information related to globalizations!!
Information Center: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Globalizations Product <Document 1509080.2>
Visit also the Software Update Info Center Troubleshooting Page <Document 1379500.1>, section "Localization ESUs", for info on how to troubleshoot errors found during Localization ESUs Installs.
= To discuss this information further with Oracle experts and industry peers, we encourage you to review, join or start a discussion in the Install, Upgrades & Change Mgmt - JDE1 Community.
= To look at upcoming or archived Advisor Webcasts, please see the Advisor Webcast JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Schedule <Document 1450327.1>. If your topic is not currently scheduled, please suggest it.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|EnterpriseOne Application and Tools Release 9.2 now available!!!|
|Planner ESU for 9.2 Release now available for downloading and install|
|Required ESUs for EnterpriseOne 9.1 and 9.0 Users upgrading their system to Tools Release 9.2 level|
|EnterpriseOne 9.1 Required Software Updates patches to install|
|EnterpriseOne 9.0 Required Software Updates patches to install|
|Required Components for Installing or Upgrading the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications 9.2 Release|
|News about upcoming Cumulative Updates (ASUs)|
|New Baseline ESUs|
|Latest Planner ESUs|
|New Change Assistant Tool version now available!|
|Required ESUs and Special Instructions for Tools Release 9.1 Update 5 (TR 9.1.5.x)|
|Server Only Packages Functionality - From EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.5 Onwards|
|Required ESUs for the Customization Object Analyzer and Application Configuration Analyzer - Tools Release 9.1 Update 2 Enhancements|
|Available ESU Troubleshooting Assistant|
|Other available Troubleshooting Assistants in this area|
|JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.x Premier Support Announcement <Document 1543437.1>|
|JD Edwards Customer Outreach Proactive Sessions|
|EnterpriseOne Extended Support (EXS) Policy for ESUs|
|How can a customer check if they have EnterpriseOne Extended Support (EXS)?|
|How To Obtain An Media No Longer Available On The Oracle Software Delivery Cloud|
|Software Updates Special Instructions (SI) and Automated Special Instructions (ASI)|
|Patching & Maintenance Advisor: Software Updates for JD Edwards (JDE) EnterpriseOne 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 <Document 1505994.1>|
|Software Delivery Home Page <Document 858385.1>|
|Update Center - Electronic Software Update page|
|JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Globalizations|
|JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Globalizations Information Center now available!|