E1: LDAP: Questions on Running the Data4LDAP Utility
(Doc ID 1503285.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.98 to 9.1 [Release 8.98 to 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You are in the process of integrating LDAP Server with EnterpriseOne and are planning to run the data4ldap utility to extract existing JDE users. You need to clarify the following questions before proceeding:
- Is it safe to run the data4ldap utility to extract the data from the production Enterprise Server while users are logged into EnterpriseOne? For example; it should not change the status of end user JDE accounts within JDE?
- Where are the logs located for any data4ldap failures or errors?
- If a user is already defined in LDAP and the same user is exported from JDE, will their LDAP password be replaced by the current JDE one? This is something you want to avoid.
- Can data4ldap be run for a data subset or does it have to be run for ALL users?
- Is their a limit to the number of JDE users that the export can be run for?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document