E1: MOBJ: File Media Object Attachment File Names Containing Foreign Language Characters Display as Garbage
(Doc ID 1601698.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating Media Objects using the FILE option, if the file name contains foreign language characters, they display as garbage in the file name.
Steps to duplicate:
- Create a text file on your desktop using a file name with foreign characters (example: Réellement.txt or тестирование.txt).
- Log on to EnterpriseOne.
- Launch P01012 and do a Find.
- Select a record that does not have any attachment.
- Click on Row – Attachments.
- Select the FILE option.
- Check the Select from File option and browse to the file on your desktop created in step 1.
- You will see the file name shows corrupt.
- Even if you save the attachment and re-open it the file name still shows corrupt.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!