E1: RDA: Media Object Text Prints Garbage Characters when Absolute Positioning is Selected for Report Section
(Doc ID 1607485.1)
Last updated on MAY 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.98 to 9.1 [Release 8.98 to 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A report which prints the Media Object text has its section set with "Absolute Position" checked.
The Media Object Text attachment was saved with multiple lines of text: (carriage return after each line of text)
- test first line
- test second line
- test third line
When the report is submitted (locally or to server), it prints the media object text incorrectly. There are garbage characters shown.
It should just print a single line as "1. test first line", but it prints as "1. test first line" follows by some garbage characters.
The system seems not able to recognize "Carriage Return" when absolute position is turn on. If user uncheck absolute position, system is able to print out all 3 lines of text correctly with no garbage characters.
It does not matter if all English characters were entered or a mixture of Chinese and English characters.
Issue happens when report is submitted locally or to the server.
This issue does not happen in tools release 18.104.22.168 but occurs in tools release 22.214.171.124.
Steps to duplicate :
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
We will use standard UBE R43500 to test this issue. First let's create an order with order detail text attachment.
- On web client, enter P4310 in fast path. On Work with Order Headers, click find.
- Select a grid record. (Note down the Order number). In Order Detail form, select a grid record by clicking on the row header, and select Row exit -> Line Attachments.
- Add a Text media object. You can enter the following text:
1. test first line
2. test second line
3. test third line
4. Save the attachment.
5. On fat client, go to the report design aid of R43500 template. Double click on the Item Notes section. In Advanced tab, select "Absolute Position". Save the Report design.
6. On fat client, enter BV in fast path. Enter R43500.
7. Copy XJDE0002 version to a new version e.g. TEST0002
8. For the new version, Set Data selection BC Document (Order No, Invoice, etc) (F4311) (DOCO) is equal to the Order number noted in point 2.
9. Set Processing option. In Report Display tab, set 4. Purchase Order Note display = 1.
10. Run the version locally.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document