E1: MOBJ: Difference In Behaviour With Media Object Attachments Between SP23 And SP24
(Doc ID 1608219.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version SP23 and Prior and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a difference in behaviour with media object attachments after upgrading from SP23 U1 to SP24.2.1. Is this what is supposed to behave in later release?
1. From Sales Order Entry, Customer Service Inquiry P4210_W4210E, find sales order.
2. Highlight any row and take the Header Attachment row exit.
3. The Media Objects screen will open.
4. Select File > New > Image.
5. Select an image file. Note all image files are stored as bmp or jpg.
6. The image will be attached.
7. Select File > Save & Exit to save the attachment against the order.
8. The record is written to the F00165 Media Objects table.
9. In Service Pack 23, the record is written, as below, with the QDIMGL field updated with a character count.
10. In Service Pack 24, the record is written, as below, with the QDIMGL field not updated and extraneous data in the GDTXVC field.
The lack of data in the GDIMGL field and the extraneous data in the GDTXVC field is adversely effecting those applications, particularly UBEs, which run over this data to retrieve images.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document