Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.0 to 9.0 [Release 9.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.0 version, Procurement
PO Generator (P43011)
After upgrading from XE to 9.0, when the PO Generator is used to create a PO from a backordered SO, the Description Line 1 on the generated PO does not come from the SO description line 1 that was overridden when the SO was created. In XE, the Description Line 1 would default from the SO.
The 9.0 release should work the same as XE.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create new Item (43011) with Stocking Type P and Line Type S and notice the Item Description 1 and 2 that are populated on the item.
2. Enter regular sales order type SO for stocked item and notice the descriptions default from the item.
3. Make sure to override item description 1 & 2 on the sales order line. Sales order goes on backorder.
4. Open PO generator (P43011) and select "Reorder SO" from "Form Exit".
5. Enter branch and search sale order number and click find. Notice that description line 1 does not match the description on the sales order while description 2 actually matches the one on the sales order.
6. Select the Item for Purchase.
7. Green check mark appears. Take the Form Exit to Generate Order(s).
8. PO is generated, take the Row Exit to Open Order Inquiry.
9. PO Description 1 comes from Item Description 1 when it should come from SO overridden Description 1.
10. Perform same test in XE. PO Description 1 comes from SO overridden Description 1.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms