E1: 43: Canceling a PO Line for an Account Over Budget does not Relieve Commitment Amount
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.0 to 9.1 [Release 9.0 to 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Procurement
Tools Release: 9.1
Program: P4310 (PO Entry)
When canceling a purchase order line that is not on budget hold for an account that is over budget, the commitments will not show as relieved in the F43199 PA records. This causes an overstatement of the amount committed.
STEPS TO DUPLICATE
1. Setup a budget for a total of $1000 on a g/l account.
2. Add a purchase order (P4310) for $400. The $400 is committed, but the order is not on budget hold.
3. Add a new purchase order for $1200. The takes the amount over budget and the order goes on budget hold. Release this amount.
4. Go to the first order and cancel the line. When you click OK, the warning message will appear that the line exceeds budget.
5. Review the order in the Commitment Inquiry (P40230A). The commitment remains. Release the canceled order from budget hold. The amount will still remain.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms