E1: 42: Sales Update (R42800) Invoices Out Of Balance With Split Payment Terms
Last updated on DECEMBER 23, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to post a IB Sales Invoice Batch created from Sales Update (R42800) where an Advanced Payment Terms Discount is set in 3 installments, the following error occurs at the post.
CAUSE . . . . The AA ledger type for 10/9/2013, document 13001575 is out of balance by .51 .
RESOLUTION. . Verify that each document within this batch is correct.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Tax Rules By Company (P0022) for A/R Taxes with Tax on Gross Excluding Discount and Sales Order Taxes at Order Level checked.
2. Set Up Advanced Payment Terms (P00145) with three installments and discount on each level.
3. Populate the Tax Rate Area (CDB) on the Customer Master (P03013).
4. Populate the Installment Payment Terms on the Customer Master (P03013).
5. Setup the Tax Rate Area (P4008) for 12% taxes.
6. Create a Sales Order for this Customer and verify the Tax Rate Area defaults into the header.
7. Verify on the Additional Information tab the Installment Payment terms are defaulted in.
8. Create the Sales Order Detail line for 100.00. Save the order.
9. Run Invoice Print (R42565) and verify Invoice Number and Taxes Calculated on Invoice PDF.
10. Run Sales Update (R42800) on the Invoice, Sales Tax Payable is 12.00 and total invoice 112.00.
11. Check Customer Ledger (F03B11) table. Three records were created with three tax installments of 4.00.
12. Post (R09801) the IB batch it ends in Error.
13. The Work Center has an error message indicating the batch is out of balance by 0.51.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms