E1: 42: Sales Update (R42800) Invoices Out Of Balance With Split Payment Terms
(Doc ID 1626141.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to post a IB Sales Invoice Batch created from Sales Update (R42800) where an Advanced Payment Terms Discount is set in 3 installments, the following error occurs at the post.
CAUSE . . . . The AA ledger type for 10/9/2013, document 13001575 is out of balance by .51 .
RESOLUTION. . Verify that each document within this batch is correct.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup Tax Rules By Company (P0022) for A/R Taxes with Tax on Gross Excluding Discount and Sales Order Taxes at Order Level checked.
- Set Up Advanced Payment Terms (P00145) with three installments and discount on each level.
- Populate the Tax Rate Area (CDB) on the Customer Master (P03013).
- Populate the Installment Payment Terms on the Customer Master (P03013).
- Setup the Tax Rate Area (P4008) for 12% taxes.
- Create a Sales Order for this Customer and verify the Tax Rate Area defaults into the header.
- Verify on the Additional Information tab the Installment Payment terms are defaulted in.
- Create the Sales Order Detail line for 100.00. Save the order.
- Run Invoice Print (R42565) and verify Invoice Number and Taxes Calculated on Invoice PDF.
- Run Sales Update (R42800) on the Invoice, Sales Tax Payable is 12.00 and total invoice 112.00.
- Check Customer Ledger (F03B11) table. Three records were created with three tax installments of 4.00.
- Post (R09801) the IB batch it ends in Error.
- The Work Center has an error message indicating the batch is out of balance by 0.51.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document