Last updated on NOVEMBER 18, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 8.12 to 9.0 [Release 8.12 to 9.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Shipment Confirmation (P4205)
Shipment Confirmation (P4205) is populating the order cost in the wrong currency. The order is for a USD customer from a CAD branch plant with a USD shipping branch with an exchange rate of 1.0656436 USD to CAD. The Sales Inventory Cost (F4105) for the shipping branch is 160.0348 USD, but Ship Confirm updates the Sales Order Foreign Unit Cost to 150.1767 USD which is 160.0348 USD/1.0656436.
Shipment Confirmation (P4205) should not apply the USD to CAD exchange rate to a cost that is already in USD when it is fetched from the Item Cost (F4105) table.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. A sales order has a US customer and a Canadian Branch Plant. The currency exchange rate fetched is 1.0656436.
2. One of the order lines has a lot number populated because the related work order was completed.
3. Prior to Ship Confirm the Foreign Unit Cost (USD) is 72.5600.
4. The standard cost of the lot in the US Branch Plant (USD) as a result of the Work Order Completion is 160.0348.
5. The user performs ship confirm on the order to ship the order quantity from the lot.
6. After ship confirm the foreign order cost is updated to 150.1767 USD. The client expects 160.0348 USD. The currency exchange rate of 1.06564 was incorrectly applied causing the cost to be expressed in CAD instead of USD.
The issue has the following business impact:
This issue will cause a delay to the go live date which is scheduled in two weeks.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms