E1: E1Page: Incorrect Application Version Called in E1Page When Using AppId
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If calling a wrong application version into an E1Page, the application still opens and the About pop-up will display the incorrect version as well.
The version that is opened is the default one ZJDE0001.
When this occurs, the program operates with unexpected / undefined behavior as it is unknown what values are being used for the processing options.
The incorrect version, that does not exists, is entered by mistake. The application still opens with version ZJDE0001, and the user may not be aware of this. The user would expect to work on a certain version, that has some defined processing options.
Steps to reproduce:
- In the DAT file call a wrong application version:
- Note - version CC0005R does not exist for application P4310.
- Generate the E1Page and publish it to the user.
- When click on the corresponding tile, application P4310 will open, with version ZJDE0001.
- Click on the About button and it will return the wrong version CC0005R.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms