In-Memory Applications for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne: In-Memory Planning Advisor Install Steps
(Doc ID 1638405.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor - Version 9.1 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory 9.1 Planning Advisor Overview
The In-Memory Planning Advisor provides material planners an interactive, head's up view of their Supply & Demand data. It provides the ability to review their current planning model in order to react quickly to changes in their supply.
• Planner Priority Message Summary – heads up summary view of the number of message types based on filters.
• Planning Item Summary – Workspace that allows planners to view summary information about their items – message type totals, availability, safety stock, leadtime, etc
• Planner Supply/Demand and Message Console – The heart of the solution. Allows planners to modify supply & demand to see real time effects on the Supply Chain.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne In-Memory Planning Advisor previously released in April 2014 has been enhanced to provide users with even greater flexibility and easy access to important information to support real-time decisions. Enhancements include:
- Lead time alerts drawing attention to messages that require immediate attention
- Critical component alerts – to enable users to easily review effects of changes on production schedules before saving or implementing the changes
- Adjusted and unadjusted available quantities calculated and displayed in the Supply/Demand Details grid
- User-selected unit of measure
- Direct access to the Console eliminating the need to drill in from the Summary which required unprocessed MRP messages
- Ability to conveniently freeze or unfreeze orders from the Console
- Forecast consumption by customer
The In-Memory Planning Advisor requires Oracle Engineered Systems hardware (Exadata / Exalogic or SuperCluster). The listed enhancements require a minimum Tools Release of 9.1 Update 5.
To Install JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 In-Memory Planning Advisor, note the following:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.1 Update 5 should be used with In-Memory Planning Advisor.
The Planning Advisor package on the edelivery cloud contains the following components:
- JMX30000.exe: This part represents the ESU that contains all required E1 objects.
- JMX30000.htm: This document contains the special instructions related to the ESU.
- DP0139101_60_99.par: This file contains the grid format override records associated with the E1 objects. This file should be installed for production environments.
- Contact Customer Support as you begin the installation process to ensure you will be able to download patches for In-Memory Planning Advisor from the Update Center. A User name will be required
- Use the Change Assistant application to apply your updates.
- The tools release needs to be installed on deployment server, JAS Server and Enterprise Server before you download the application components
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document