Last updated on DECEMBER 24, 2015
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.0 to 9.0 [Release 9.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PROGRAM NAME / NUMBER
P31113 - Work Order Material Issues
P3111 - Work Order Parts List
R31802A - Manufacturing Accounting
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
When issuing a component item that has a UOM conversion factor defined, in a different UOM than the Primary / Component UOM and running Manufacturing Accounting UBE with the P.O. # 9 - "Standard Costing Mix Mode Processing" activated in the Process tab, the conversion factor is applied twice when creating journal entry for the corresponding IM transaction. The Cardex record shows the correct Unit Cost and Extended Cost values. The CTS4.F3111 field does not handle the UOM conversion correctly for
components using either 02 or 07 Cost Methods.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. P4101 / P41026 Parent item - Cost Method 07; Primary, Secondary, Purchasing, Pricing, Shipping, Production & Component UOMs = EA.
Component 1 - without specific UOM conversion factor defined; Primary UOM = GM, Secondary, Purchasing, Pricing, Shipping UOMs = KG, Production & Component UOMs = GM; 02 Unit Cost = 5.0447 / GM.
Component 2 - with specific UOM conversion factor; Primary UOM = MM, Secondary, Purchasing, Pricing, Shipping UOMs = KG, Production & Component UOMs = MM; 1 KG = 9550 MM; 02 Unit Cost = 0.0502 / MM or 02 Unit Cost = 479.41 (0.0502 x 9550) / KG.
2. P3002 - Define a BOM for parent item and for the second component that has a UOM conversion defined enter the requested quantity in KG (Secondary UOM) instead of MM (Component UOM).
3. P3003 - Create a routing for parent item.
4. R30812 - Simulate Standard Rollup
5. R30835 - Freeze the 07 Costs.
6. P30026 - Check the cost components for parent item and components; for both components, a Standard (07) Frozen Cost exists as well.
7. P4105 - Check the Costs for parent and component items.
8. P48013 - create a WO for a quantity of e.g. 1 unit.
9. Process the WO via R31410.
10. P31113 - fully issue the quantity required for both components; for the second component item issue e.g. 75.3927 KG = 720000.29 MM.
11. P3111 - Check the WO P.L.
12. Databrowser: F3111 - Check the Work Order Parts List table and notice that CTS4 field (Unaccounted Direct Labor Amount) for the second component with a specific UOM conversion defined has a wrong value. The CTS4 value of 345175336,63 is obtained by applying the UOM conversion twice = 75.3927 KG x 9550 MM / KG (UOM conversion) x (479.41 unit cost per KG = 0.0502 unit cost
per MM X 9550 MM/KG) instead of 36144.01 = 75.3927 KG X (479.41 unit cost / KG = 0.0502 unit cost per MM X 9550 MM/KG).
13. R31802A - Work in Process; activate the processing option 'Mix Mode Processing'. Notice that corresponding journal entry for the second component item has a wrong value (retrieved from CTS4.F3111) due to UOM conversion factor being applied twice.
14. P4111 - Check the Unit Costs and Extended Costs for both components. Component 2 has a correct extended cost of 36144.01 for the quantity issued of 75.3927 KG at a unit cost of 479.41.
CTS4.F3111 to handle the UOM conversion correctly for components using either 02 or 07 Cost Methods.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms